Adult Education

NRS testing and enrollment of students:COVID 19

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Susan Huneycutt
      Participant

Hello everyone! North Carolina Adult Basic Education (College and Career Readiness) programs are currently unable to enroll students due to a delay in the rollout of TABE and CASAS virtual testing guidelines. I know that guidance is coming out this week from TABE and CASAS, but at the moment, there is no timeline for rollout. I have some potential students that I need to enroll NOW. They have already lost 5 weeks. For these reasons, I am exploring other options if there are any additional options. Is any program allowing students to enter an ABE program without an NRS assessment or has anyone developed a placement crosswalk to determine an individual functional level for an incoming student? I did receive a spreadsheet from Dani that several individuals in this group created. I am wondering if any colleges are using this spreadsheet to place students. It seems that the quality, aligned NROC/EdReady resources could be used as a crosswalk for TABE and CASAS Goals to establish a student’s starting point at least during this crisis when a student has no virtual proctoring option in their home. I look forward to hearing any thoughts that you may have and any results you may have seen during this time of crisis. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your consideration of my questions!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.