EdReady

EdReady alignment with Praxis

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Davilla Gose 4 years ago.

• Author

Scott Beckett
    Participant

Has anyone created an assessment in EdReady to help teacher candidates prepare for the Praxis exam?  We have a request from the School of Education at Jacksonville State University for that assessment.

Here is the Praxis URL:  https://www.ets.org/praxis/prepare/materials.

Nicole McCabe
    Participant

Great question Scott! I know we’ve had a couple of members interested in using EdReady for Praxis prep, but unsure if it has gotten off the ground anywhere.

Is this a use case others are interested in?

It would be great if we could lead a community-guided effort to do a Praxis assessment for use in EdReady. If anyone has made progress on an alignment or would be interested in helping with this exercise, please let us know!

Davilla Gose
    Participant

Suzanne Canevari (Online Learning Academy) did an alignment to the Core Academic Skills for Educators (ETS/Praxis) test based on a request from our College of Education here at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Attached is that alignment.

If you have questions, contact Suzanne at ude.iiawahnull@iravenac.

Davilla

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Scott Beckett
      Participant

Davilla,

Wonderful!  This is exactly what our School of Education has asked for.  Thanks, and thanks to Suzanne.

Terri Rowenhorst
    Participant

Thanks so much for sharing, Davilla. Another member asked which Praxis exam this alignment was for, i.e. the Praxis Core or Praxis I – do you happen to know the answer to that? I did refer her to Suzanne directly, but thought others here might be interested in the answer.

Davilla Gose
    Participant

The request was for alignment to the Praxis (specifically the Core Academic Skills for Educators).

Davilla

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.